Removing makeup is a vital part of your nightly skincare routine. It is something that’s need not to be neglected. No matter how tired and sleepy we are, we must never skip this step.
“Why do I have to remove my makeup before going to bed?”
Leaving makeup on clogs pores making it appear larger. It also attracts dirt which can cause long-term skin issues.
“That stuff is expensive. I’ll just stick with soap and water.”
As soap and water cleanses the face, it may not break down all the makeup, leaving all the dirt behind.
Here are THREE makeup removers locally available and suits every budget, now you don’t have to worry on spending more.
1. Biore Micellar Cleansing Water (P189 for 90 ml)
What is Micellar Water?
Originated from France, this cleansing water removes makeup with no rinsing required. Note that, it’s not a toner nor a facial wash. This basically is for lazy people like me.
- Effectively removes makeup without clogging pores (even waterproof)
- Lifts off more makeup in 1 wipe
- Light & refreshing
- Clinically proven, Gentle, Non- comedogenic
Biore is the first Micellar Water I’ve tried since it’s the first one available in the country. It does a good job on removing makeup yet it leaves a slight greasy feel and it stings a bit when it gets to your eyes.
2. Maybelline NY Micellar Water (P199 for 200 ml)
- Removes all makeup and UV products
- Removes trapped dirt and dust, refine pores
- Freshens like a toner
- No need to rinse
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- No fragrance, alcohol free, fresh, and oil free
- Dermatologist and ophthalmologically tested
Saw this from a few bloggers on Instagram so this one is a recent purchase. This micellar water is everything I wanted it to be. It doesn’t have a scent and it is eye-friendly (hence the ophthalmologically tested). I use this when I have less makeup and whenever I’m too lazy to wash my face.
3. Biore Cleansing Oil (P299 for 150ml)
- No greasy or sticky feeling on skin after use
- Gentle and mild on skin
- Refreshing fragrance
As the name states, it is an oil-based remover. I saw this from YouTuber Anne Clutz comparing it to the facial sheets. Watch the video HERE. I already knew it would work but out of curiosity, I wanted to feel it on my skin. And without a doubt, it exceeded my expectations. It broke down all the makeup and upon rinsing it felt really moisturizing. Plus, it smells soooo good!
You know the drill; if you have questions, feel free to ask them in the comments and I would gladly assist you.